Location: Glens Falls, NY
Engineering Technician, Glens Falls, New York
This position works to assist engineers, manufacturing, and/or teams in the: development and analysis of products, processes, procedures, tooling and equipment for new and modified products to help ensure the quality of new products and processes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the design and development of new products through prototyping and testing.
- Assist in the development of assembly techniques for the manufacture of new products.
- Assist in the fabrication, assembly, and de-bug of tooling and equipment for manufacturing and testing.
- Create and document manufacturing procedures and test methods, perform training of operators and monitor results to ensure high quality.
- Build prototypes and samples in support of development, verification, validation, and continuous improvement activities.
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting during process and/or product development activities.
- Perform testing of product and components per established test methods and protocols and maintain detailed documentation of test results utilizing lab notebooks, forms, and/or data acquisition systems.
- Compile, summarize and analyze test data.
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of metrology and laboratory equipment such as: pin gauge, micrometer, caliper, optical comparator, tensile tester, force gauge, power injectors, and pressure testers.
- Assist in developing test methods as required by project teams.
- Utilize basic mechanical drawing or CAD software (SolidWorks) to document prototypes, devices, and fixtures.
- Assist project teams in establishing specifications, engineering drawings, and quality standards for product design, and process development.
- Collaborate with internal resources and external suppliers to assist engineering teams in identifying supplies and services.
- Perform administrative tasks as required.
- Stay current with, and ensure appropriate compliance with GMP, Design Controls, Quality System Requirements, and site level SOPs as applicable.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Relevant Work Experience
- Associate%26rsquo;s degree in engineering or science field (equivalent work related expeirence may be acceptable in lieu of degree)
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work with a sense of urgency
- Ability to effectively communicate both internally and externally
Preferred Qualifications Education
- Knowledge and experience using Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma tools.
- Excellent statistical/mathematical aptitude.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Technical writing ability.
Relevant Work Experience
- Bachelor%26rsquo;s degree in Engineering or science field.
- Knowledge with CAD
- Experience in the medical device industry