Solar Design Engineer
Location: Feasterville-Trevose, PA
Name: Shahiea Preston
We are hiring for a Direct Hire position in Levittown, Pa
1. Performs lead designer and engineering duties (both DC and AC power)to determine detailed design elements of assigned solar projects.
2. Determines and specifies 208 and 480 volt electrical services, transformers, metering equipment, cable, conduit, switchboards, panel-boards, load centers, and over-current protection type systems.
3. Designs and communicates to the design team relevant local code including utility networks that are relevant to the project location.
4. Works independently and effectively with project managers, clients, consulting engineers, design, and technical personnel as well as manufacturing partners to design cost effective solutions and coordinates activities with registered Electrical and Structural Engineer consultants.
5. Expands theories to find creative low cost solutions within the confines of the code
6. Substantiates code interpretations and mathematically prove design concepts.
7. Performs load calculations in medium voltage systems of 4160V to 26kV (not necessary but helpful).
8. Communicates design concepts and leads meetings between clients, project engineers, code officials and third party consultants
9. Collaborates with the team Project Developers to determine cost estimation of designs
10. Drives the understanding and coordination of interconnection communications with utilities
11. Managing design schedules and assists in the creation of accurate construction documents in coordination with the Project Operations team
12. Manages additional designers as needed and works in a mentorship role with less experienced team members