Location: Chesapeake, VA
Name: Jason Hess
Phone: (937) 429-3302
Frontier Technology, Inc. (FTI) is seeking a full-time Systems Engineer to join our team of qualified, talented, and diverse individuals. Primary work location is in Chesapeake, VA in support of a customer based in Port Hueneme, CA.
- The candidate responsible for this position is expected to provide systems engineering support of the Navy’s Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) solution and Condition Based Maintenance Plus (CBM+) efforts integrated with Advanced Radar systems and/or other Combat systems.
- The candidate will work to ensure that all systems engineering requirements under Naval Sea Systems Command (NAVSEA) technical authority are installed, configured, and maintained as required per applicable directives and instructions.
- Serves as a Systems Engineer to install, configure, support and maintain Prognostic Health Management (PHM) hardware and software infrastructure in an effort to enable CBM+ capabilities.
- Support enablement of a standard process for exchanging CBM+ information for Advanced Radar and/or other Combat systems from ship to shore, resulting in an automated interface with the Navy’s PLM technology suite/solution.
- Assess and review proposed PHM software solutions.
- Apply current and/or emerging DoD/Industry PLM principals to solution assessments.
- Integrate PHM technology into specified Navy systems.
- Install, configure, support and maintain hardware and software infrastructure.
- Install new hardware, systems and software for Navy ship to shore networks.
- Perform architecture security design and integration.
- Provide input to integration design and requirements documentation for Navy systems.
- Support definition of business rules for exchange of data between PHM software solutions and the Navy’s PLM solution.
- Perform technical design of architecture for integration of technologies and Navy system datasets into the Navy’s PLM solution.
- Support integration testing between PHM software solutions and the Navy’s PLM solution.
- Work closely with colleagues to meet all technical and functional requirements.
- Diagnose technology interface issues to resolve problems and correct to minimize outage timeframe; document network problems and resolution for future reference.
- Support algorithm development and system analysis for abnormality detection, fault isolation and predictive analysis.
- Review technical specifications, design plans, project criteria, and the team work for compliance to articulated standards while ensuring data integrity and validity.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, preferred; Information Systems or related field considered
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain/ maintain a government security clearance
- Must hold DoDI 8570.01-M Compliant IAM or IAT Certification (or attained within the first 90 days of starting date)