Sr Quality Engineer
Location: Des Plaines, IL
Name: Kristen Pike
Talascend is currently seeking an immediate need for a Sr Quality Engineer
for a contract hire opportunity with our client located in Des Plaines, IL.
- Develop the Inspection & Test Plan (ITP) for assigned project. ITP shall be project specific based on template and project requirements. ITP will be reviewed with customer to include their hold and witness inspections.
- Work with Procurement to source qualified contract inspection services for project needs. This will require review of resumes and phone interviews to identify qualified candidates.
- Communicate with team members to assure all supplier QA/QC procedures are reviewed in a timely manner.
- Setting realistic time frame for tasks completion and advising status to Project Manager and Equipment Specialist.
- Attend project team meetings and be current on inspection activities and field reports, as well as QA/QC document review status.
- Plan and schedule Pre- Inspection Meetings (PIM) prior to start of fabrication at various equipment and module fabrication shops, in coordination with Project Manager, Equipment Specialist, Contact Inspector, and Supplier.
- Work with Project Manager and Suppliers to provide proper advanced notice to customer to allow customer witness and hold point inspection attendance.
- Review all Inspection Reports from contract inspectors and progress reports from resident engineers to identify issues that need resolution and the timing of key inspection points.
- Managing project quality issues including NCRs developed by suppliers. This includes working with suppliers and equipment specialists to develop an acceptable resolution and final disposition of the issue.
- Keep up to date with Quality Inspection Manager on current procedures, forms, and initiatives.
B.S. in Engineering or Engineering Technology and 3 years QA/QC or Inspection experience in the oil refining, petrochemical, gas processing, or power generation industries, preferably involved with fabrication or construction.
A.S. in Technology or Applied Science and 6 years QA/QC or Inspection experience in the oil refining, petrochemical, gas processing, or power generation industries, preferably involved with fabrication or construction.
Additional Experience (preferred):
- Reviewing or monitoring use of weld procedures to ASME Section IX or AWS D1.1.
- Reviewing or monitoring use of NDE procedures to ASME Section V or AWS D1.1.
- Reviewing or peforming inspections per an Inspection and Test Plan or Plans.
- Reviewing or monitoring use of supplier/subcontractor fabrication, testing and inspection procedures
- Familiarity with ASME Section VIII Div. 1, ASME B31.3, and/or AWS D1.1.
- Relevant work experience with pressure equipment, pressure piping, and/or load bearing structures.
- Ability to travel 10% annually (domestic USA and international).
- Need highly motivated individual, quick learner; with good communication, computer, and time management skills.