Location: Brunswick, GA
for maintaining site environmental excellence in compliance by assisting plant
in maintaining environmental compliance through review of existing programs,
updating plant procedures and recordkeeping in order to meet current regulatory
requirements; training plant personnel on environmental aspects of their
positions while maintaining proficiency in major areas of environmental
- Assist plant in
maintaining compliance with state and environmental regulations. Become
proficient in state and federal environmental regulations in:
- Hazardous Waste
- Solid Waste
- Water Quality
- Air Emissions
- Manage both
state and federal inspections. Prepare environmental reporting for
state and federal agencies.
environmental regulations and develop management, training and audit
- Work with plants
to gather necessary information.
assembly of plant data into reporting requirements.
- Review with
management to educate on impact to business unit performance.
- Develop and
obtain necessary environmental permit and permit modifications to maintain
- Understand plant
processes that require permitting under various environmental regulations.
understanding to pursue necessary permits to maintain compliance.
- Support plant
EHS personnel in day to day activities.
- Review plant
practices and operations to determine areas for improvement.
- Assist in
training of new employees in environmental performance at each plant.
- Support plant
personnel where necessary to maintain environmental performance.
regulatory publications such as Federal Register, State Register, and other
publications which may affect the facility.
- B.S. in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or Environmental Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years in industrial/chemical manufacturing.
- Environmental or regulatory background preferred.
Special Training or Competencies:
- Must have thorough knowledge of environmental regulations
- Must have understanding of chemical processes and manufacturing facility
- Must have excellent organizational skills including multi-tasking
- Must have project management skills
- Must have excellent computer skills
- Must have communication, presentation, and teamwork skills
- Must have excellent problem-solving ability