Entry Level Environmental Scientist (Field Tech)
Location: Concord, CA
Pay: $40,000.00 - $55,000.00 /Year
Name: Herb Newman
Field Technician - Entry Level (Multiple Openings)
Our Client is a national engineering/consulting firm that specializes in environmental engineering, geotechnical engineering, and construction materials testing and inspection service. They are recognized as one of the nation's leading practitioners of Environmental Consulting, Engineering and Testing.
They are currently seeking a Field Technician to join our Concord, California office. The ideal candidate will have the ability to perform asbestos, lead-based paint and other hazardous material surveys, abatement project monitoring, microbial and indoor air quality investigations, industrial hygiene surveys and soil/groundwater sampling/monitoring for assessment/remediation projects. The position will report to the Branch Building Sciences Senior Project Manager.
The primary responsibilities for the successful candidate will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Conduct asbestos, lead-based paint and other hazardous material surveys,
- Provide asbestos and lead-based paint abatement monitoring,
- Conduct mold and indoor air quality investigations and oversee remediation projects,
- Conduct industrial hygiene surveys, e.g. exposure assessments, noise surveys,
- Perform soil/groundwater sampling/monitoring for subsurface assessment/remediation projects,
- Collect detailed field notes and photographs to assist project managers with completing reports,
- Prepare chain of custody’s for analytical testing, recording survey data in approved forms,
- Implement health and safety policies and procedures,
- Travel locally and regionally to project sites using company vehicles, and
- Work off-hours and weekends periodically when required.
Qualified candidates will possess the following:
- High School Diploma with 3+ years of experience, or
- A.S. or B.S degree in industrial hygiene, occupational health and safety, public health or related field with 1+ years of experience,
- AHERA asbestos certifications, a plus
- LBP inspector/monitor certifications, a plus
- NIOSH 582 course completion, a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office®.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team to meet organization and project objectives.
- Technically adept, flexible, and forward thinking.
- Exhibits attention to detail, and able to work under periodic time constraints.
- Willingness to travel regionally for short periods of time.
- 1+ years of specific experience in at least one of the following disciplines: asbestos and lead-based paint surveys and project monitoring, microbial and IAQ investigations, industrial hygiene surveys, soil/groundwater sampling/monitoring or related field. Our Client will cross-train the successful candidate in the other service areas.