PROJECT ENGINEER - Automotive - Mirror Projects
Location: Jamestown, NY
Name: Steve East
Phone: 919 468 8484
Fax: 919 468 8126
PROJECT ENGINEER – TRUCK OEM MIRROR PRODUCTS
Our world-class electronics manufacturing company, serving the auto and truck industries, has an immediate opening for a Project Engineer. This position is located in beautiful upstate New York, near Jamestown.
THIS POSITION WILL HAVE ITAR/EAR COMPLIANCE RESPONSIBILITIES
A sample of the PRIMARY DUTIES of the PROJECT ENGINEER:
- Direct and coordinate activities of a cross-functional Engineering team for the quotation, design, development, and launch of Truck OEM Mirror Systems.
- Assure that projects are completed on time, to budget, and meet customer expectations.
- Lead efforts to resolve all technical issues related to design, performance, compliance, manufacturability, and/or quality for mirror and/or lighting products.
- Serve as the primary technical interface for customers as well as internal Sales & Marketing personnel.
- Analyze technology trends and integrate latest technology into company products in conjunction with the Design group to insure that our company maintains its competitive advantage and status as the preferred supplier of lighting and visibility products.
- Assure that new products are developed and documented in accordance with internal NPI (New Product Introduction) procedures as well as TS16949 requirements.
- Support life cycle management (LCM) review initiatives on all products.
- Assist with Corporate productivity improvement projects and the timely achievement of engineering productivity goals.
Required EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- 4-year engineering degree: Mechanical or Plastics.
- 5 years of work experience in project management.
- Prefer candidates with knowledge of FMVSS108 lighting requirements and LED lighting.
Our client offers an excellent compensation and benefits package and will relocate the hired candidate if this benefit is needed.
If interested in learning more about this Project Engineering opportunity please submit your Word-formatted resume to Steve East at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Please include the job title: Project Engineer and the job code: 17247 STE-C.