Location: New York City, NY
Name: Kevin Peterson
Phone: 813-333-9880 ext 107
New York, NY
- Production of superior quality power, lighting, and low voltage systems (fire detection and alarm, telecommunications, etc.) drawings and specifications, including plans, details, one line / riser diagrams, and wiring diagrams, as required by the project scope and in full compliance with all applicable codes (building, electrical, fire, energy, mechanical, etc.) including performing all associated calculations (load calculations, fault-current, selective coordination, etc).
- Close coordination with the Client and the entire design team including Owners, Architects, Contractors, members of other disciplines, and internal support staff to ensure the design is consistent with what the Client has envisioned, to ensure a fully coordinated inter-disciplinary design, and to ensure the design schedule is maintained.
- Close coordination with the Client regarding selection and placement of all electrical system components including wiring devices (receptacles, telecommunications outlets, etc.), luminaires, distribution equipment (metering equipment, switchboards, panelboards, transformers, etc.), and components of other systems such as fire alarm, television, nurse call, burglar, closed-circuit television, controlled access, etc. to provide a functional design that meets the Client's needs while also complying with all applicable Codes.
- Work closely with equipment vendors and manufacturers representatives for selection and specification of appropriate equipment. Work closely with utility companies as required by the project.
- Perform construction cost estimating when requested. Perform construction administration services such as answering Requests for Information (RFIs), issuing addenda or proposal requests when necessary, reviewing Contractor change orders requests for validity and reasonability, etc.
- When required by the project, perform pre-design site surveys and construction observations, including producing all required drawings, reports, etc. required to accurately convey the information gathered.
- Assist in the development of proposals for new projects including definition of the project scope, budget estimates, and design schedules.
- Proficiency of electrical power and lighting system design, including grounding, load calculations, fault current calculations, voltage drop calculations, photometric calculations, circuitry, controls, wiring devices (receptacles, switches, etc.), and equipment (metering equipment, switchboards, panelboards, transformers, overcurrent protection devices, motor controls, power quality equipment, etc.).
- Proficient in working with NFPA 70 (National Electrical Code).
- Knowledge of low voltage systems such as fire detection and alarm, telecommunications (telephone and data), television, burglar, closed-circuit television, controlled access, nurse call, etc.
- Previous electrical design experience with an electrical engineering consultant or previous experience with an electrical contractor.
- Knowledge of mechanical systems in the inter-relationship with the electrical systems.
Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited curriculum with an emphasis in power systems.
- In possession of or eligible to get FE (Fundamentals on Engineering) or PE (Professional Engineer) credentials.
- In possession of or eligible to get LEED BD+C credentials.
- Proficient in AutoCAD and the Microsoft Office suite.
- Strong analytical and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to conduct meetings with Clients and other design team members.
- Self-starter requiring minimal supervision.