Area Manager (Heat Treat)
Location: Houston, TX, CA
Pay: $95,000.00 - $100,000.00 /Year
Name: Karla Morgan
Phone: (610) 828-0800
● Responsible for managing the activities of assigned manufacturing areas and following established procedures and approved processes.
● Responsible for the safe manufacture of company products which may represent a broad diversity of manufacturing processes.
● Responsible for satisfying all quality and productivity requirements in the most cost effective manner.
● May manage multiple shifts and/or departments. May manage production functions by delegation to Production Supervisors and/or shift/department leads.
● Area Manager Positions are responsible for a greater span of control and/or require a greater level of demonstrated expertise in manufacturing and process skills than a Production Supervisor position.
WHAT AND WHY
Directs work force
Meet TOC requirements and flex budget / P&L requirements.
Implements safety and housekeeping requirements
Review/Revise/Enforce LOTO’s, Job Procedures, and drive a safe and clean work environment.
Leads the annual budgeting process for areas of responsibility.
Approved and achievable budget targets.
Effectively communicates to all levels in and out of the organization.
Ensure proper written and verbal communication to all departments and levels within the organization.
Drives CI, Six Sigma, Lean & Productivity projects
Higher standard of quality and productivity
Develops CAPEX projects
CAPEX projects to support productivity and capacity increase requirements for the new engine programs.
Drive us of Oracle for scheduling and product tracking
Better flow of parts and information with critical mistake proofing.
● Ensures that thru-put and target earned standard hours are attained daily and budget criteria is met or exceeded.
● Responsible for adherence to process control procedures, operating instructions, and all quality control instructions.
● Ensures that all employees work in a safe manner and that each employee is properly trained in all safety procedures. Ensures that good housekeeping practices are consistently followed.
● Ensures effective employee relations. Provides employee coaching and development. Resolves employee issues through problem resolution.
● Plans, organizes and supervises operations in accordance with production schedules and requirements in the most cost effective manner. Maintains awareness of policies and procedures and assures compliance by assigned employees.
● Is responsible for training and developing subordinate supervisory staff to safely and effective manage assigned production operations.
● Maintains adequate staffing to meet required production schedules.
● Leads the annual budgeting process for areas of responsibility.
● Develops, trains, and involves employees in maintaining and improving departmental safety, efficiency, productivity, quality, cooperation and morale.
● Works with employees to effectively resolve work place issues, gives necessary feedback on employee performance. Conducts formal performance appraisals and recommends/approves pay increases, transfers, promotions, discipline and terminations in accordance with Company policies and procedures and state and federal laws.
REQUIREMENTS - EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE:
● Bachelor’s degree in engineering or 5 to 7 years of progressive manufacturing leadership experience and responsibility.
● Must have demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities and easily adapt to changing situations and priorities.
● Requires that the incumbent be highly organized, self-motivated individual who can work independently as well as work effectively in a collaborative team environment
● Must have demonstrated abilities to lead people and get results through others, with excellent verbal and written communication skills or the ability to develop the skills.
● Must be computer literate, particularly in spreadsheet, financial, inventory and production planning and tracking applications.
● Demonstrated ability to develop, execute and deliver results in conformance with action plans.
● Supervisory experience in a union environment is a plus.
● Excellent human relation skills with ability to organize, delegate, problem solve, and train personnel to work within the area.
● Looking for someone who can drive change and work with others to continuously improve processes.
● Strong Leadership and people skills.
● Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of and ability to apply the manufacturing processes in area of responsibility.
● Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of and ability to apply 'lean', 'TOC', 'interference management' and 'NEI' processes in area of responsibility. Demonstrated ability to manage more complex processes, procedures, and functions.
● Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of and ability to apply budgeting process and financial management tools.
● Ability to communicate to all levels in the organization written and verbally.
● Strong technical skills in assigned area with good understanding of production operations and customer requirements.