Human Resources (Hr) Generalist
Location: Janesville, WI, CA
Pay: $70,000.00 - $75,000.00 /Year
Name: Karla Morgan
Phone: (610) 828-0800
JANESVILLE, WISCONSIN 53545 U.S.A.
JOB DESCRIPTION - HUMAN RESOURCES GENERALIST POSITION
This position maintains and enhances the organization's human resources by planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs, and practices. The HR Generalist carries out responsibilities for all implementation and administration of human resource programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
● Oversee the administration of FMLA including determining eligibility, notification, tracking and going through the second and third opinion process when applicable.
● Responsible for implementation of Affirmative Action plans, policies, practices and records.
● Conducts investigations into employee complaints, develops and implements solutions as appropriate.
● Maintains all employee records in compliance with corporate and legal requirements.
● Provide the leadership for human resources disciplines and for communications of all human resources information to plant staff members.
● Provides leadership in order to maintain a positive work atmosphere & keep employees informed of all policy changes as required
● Maintains the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
● Maintains organization staff by establishing a recruiting, testing, and interviewing program; counseling managers on candidate selection; conducting and analyzing exit interviews; recommending changes.
● Prepares employees for assignments by establishing and conducting orientation and training programs.
● Maintains a pay plan by conducting periodic pay surveys; scheduling and conducting job evaluations; preparing pay budgets; monitoring and scheduling individual pay actions; recommending, planning, and implementing pay structure revisions.
● Ensures planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by training managers to coach and discipline employees; scheduling management conferences with employees; hearing and resolving employee grievances; counseling employees and supervisors.
● Maintains employee benefits programs and informs employees of benefits by studying and assessing benefit needs and trends; recommending benefit programs to management; directing the processing of benefit claims; obtaining and evaluating benefit contract bids; awarding benefit contracts; designing and conducting educational programs on benefit programs.
● Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements; conducting investigations; maintaining records; representing the organization at hearings.
● Maintains management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures.
● Maintains historical human resource records by designing a filing and retrieval system; keeping past and current records.
● Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
● Coaching Leaders on Counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
● Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Qualifications/Education and/or Experience Required:
● Bachelor’s degree in Business or Human Resource Management (PHR or SPHR preferred), 1-3 years Human Resources Manager experience, and 3-5 years Human Resources Generalist experience in a manufacturing environment with a strong knowledge of federal and state employment laws.
● 2. 5+ years of progressively complex human resources experience required preferably in a manufacturing environment.
● Understands general business metrics and how each metric influences each department and its employees.
● Experience fostering employee communication and team work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
● Extensive knowledge of HR policies and practices, compensation and benefits, organization change and effectiveness
● Strong leadership skills and experience influencing at senior levels in an organization.
● Ability to work as and be viewed as a trusted business partner to the organization.
● Clear and concise interpersonal communication.
● Ability to work at both strategic and tactical levels, within managerial/leadership and non-managerial employee groups.