PLANT MECHANICAL ENGINEER - Kingsburg, CA
Location: Kingsburg, CA
Based in Auburn Hills, Michigan, Guardian Industries is a diversified, global company with a vision to create value for customers and society through constant innovation using fewer resources. Guardian, its subsidiaries and affiliates employ 17,000 people and operate facilities throughout North America, Europe, South America, Africa, the Middle East and Asia. Guardian Glass is a leading international manufacturer of float, value-added coated, and fabricated glass products and solutions for architectural, residential, interior, transportation and technical glass applications. SRG Global is one of the world’s largest manufacturers of advanced, high value coatings on plastics for the automotive and commercial truck industries, providing solutions for greater surface durability, structural integrity, functionality, vehicle efficiency and design flexibility. Guardian Building Products is a leading U.S. based distributor of specialty building products.
This position will be located at our Kingsburg, California Float Glass facility. [We are not sponsoring VISA's for this position].
The position will be responsible for the following:
- Determine design requirements, prepare specifications and drawings, procure necessary materials and services, and coordinate installation and maintenance systems for major capital projects and plant improvements.
- Prepare cost estimates and timelines for projects.
- Improve yields, lower costs, and increase manufacturing uptime.
- Create contracts for equipment acquisition and construction.
- Monitor the preparation of working drawings presented by outside contractors.
- Instruct plant personnel in the operation and maintenance of the systems provided.
The background and experience requirements for this position are as follows:
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum of 3-5 years working in a fast pace manufacturing environment.
- Experience or working knowledge of utility systems including: domestic water supply and distribution, sanitary sewer, high and low pressure compressed air, cooling water systems with cooling towers, natural gas distribution, water treatment, HVAC, nitrogen, hydrogen and oxygen systems.
- Experience with complex projects, ability to analyze problems quickly, and develop corrective actions.
- Ability to work effectively and communicate across multiple levels.
- Demonstrated success in measuring and improving processes to meet company goals
- Demonstrated experience in leading positive employee relations centered around humility, respect and integrity.
- Ability to coordinate with other departments and managers and work as a team.
What do we have to offer?
Why work for Guardian?
- A culture that places top priority on integrity and compliance
- Encouragement to challenge the status quo and share knowledge
- Responsibilities and rewards based on contributions
- Competitive compensation and a wide variety of benefits including health/dental/life insurance, prescription coverage, STD and optional LTD, paid vacation and holidays, and a 401 (k) with a $1 for $1 match up to 7%.
For more information about Guardian Industries Corp., visit us at www.guardian.com.
Guardian Industries Corp. is an Equal Opportunity Employer