Intern- Electrical Engineer
Location: Savannah, GA, GA
We are seeking highly motivated and energetic students to join our team as Electrical Engineering interns. Join Arconic and join a network of people who are passionate about industry-changing technology that advances the world. You'll have the opportunity to work with leading global companies that operate in world-changing industries - such as aerospace, automotive, building and construction, defense and commercial transportation. It's not just a job. It's a career and a path to the future. You'll be part of a diverse culture of learning, teaching and mentorship. Arconic is fully committed to developing people: providing employees with the resources, and learning and development opportunities they need to excel and build a career.
Why join us? Your education is just beginning! Our interns have the opportunity to be part of real world business scenarios. Their skills are sharpened as full members of a project team, working alongside leaders in partnership with business unit clients. Interns are assigned projects based on their business unit specifications which will vary depending on location.
Some of the highlights as a member of the team are business insights sessions with the Senior Leadership team across the organization, professional development opportunities, and plant tours, and social activities with other interns and colleagues. With over 50 locations across the US, there are opportunities to work in a variety places around the country. Internships typically run from May/June through August.
What are we looking for? We look for interns with:
- Demonstrated outstanding academic achievement
- A strong record of team, project and/or people leadership in a work setting and/or extracurricular activities
- The ability to thrive in fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Willingness to take initiative to understand the business
- An aptitude for problem solving; strong writing and verbal communication skills
- Previous successful experience as an active member of a team
- A strong commitment to excellence and to personal and professional growth
- Must be resourceful, responsible, tenacious, curious, independent, confident and high energy
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with installs and/or upgrades to our factory automation systems
- Develop PLC code using ladder add/or structure text (RSLogix 5000 and Studio 5000)
- Develop HMI user interface screens (some VBA will be required)
- Assist team with equipment startups and machine malfunctions
For more information, and to apply for specific internship roles, visit careers.arconic.com/universityrelations.php.Basic Qualifications
- Currently enrolled in an accredited Bachelor’s degree or Master’s Degree program in Electrical Engineering
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Must have junior class status by time of internship
- Relevant internship/work/research experience
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa Sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Strong computer technical skills and experience working with Microsoft Office Suite of products
- Excellent communication skills both in oral and written form
- Ability to work well in a team environment as well as independently with limited supervision
- Attention to detail
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Ability to take the initiative to understand the business and make recommendations
- A desire to continuous learning and progressing
- An interest in global manufacturing
- A willingness to get out on the shop floor and “get dirty”
- A desire to take the initiative in helping to drive bottom line results