Location: Northville, MI
As a leader in thermal technology, we design, develop, and manufacture heating, cooling, and ventilating devices for diverse global markets. With our employees, we pioneer and shape markets for comfort devices while seeking new ways to drive value for our customers. We employ approximately 10,000 people at twelve locations in North America, Europe and Asia.
In the field of (Electronics) in (Northville, MI), we are looking for you to strengthen our team as soon as possible as an (Mechanical Engineer).
Design and development of mechanical and electromechanical components and systems for housing units surrounding ECUs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform preliminary design and develop drawings and specifications necessary to support the development of new products and modification of existing products.
- Perform preliminary design and develop drawings and specifications necessary to support equipment and tooling modifications to improve safety and reliability.
- Perform testing and evaluation of theoretical designs; recommend modifications based on results.
- Perform complex calculations to determine performance, stress, thermal analysis, etc.
- Serve as primary technical resource for assigned new and existing products, equipment, and tooling
- Research and analysis of engineering and production issues relative to the requirements and specifications (design feasibility study).
- Participate in large engineering projects by completing multiple tasks.
- Prepare system interface and component technical specifications.
- Prepare component/system Design FMEAs.
- Work with engineers, technicians, and program managers to obtain and/or define system requirements and specifications.
- Perform design reviews and audit progress.
- Support production and quality departments with product validation, initial sampling evaluation, and any other activity relevant to production launch.
- Lead CAD personnel and technician as required.
- Prepare component test specifications and plans.
- Assist with the preparation of system test specifications.
- Guide and support design validation tests.
- Assist with the preparation of design validation reports (DVP&Rs).
- Develop component designs (prototyping and prototype testing)
- Meet cost, manufacturing, and key milestone targets for products designed and developed.
Other duties may apply.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering.
- 3-5 years plus of experience
- Demonstrated competence in the design of mechanical and /or electromechanical systems.
- Experience with product design that include both plastics and electronics.
- CAD experience with SolidWorks, Catia, or similar
- Working knowledge of automotive plastic and metal forming processes.
- Working knowledge of automotive specifications for electromechanical systems.
- Working knowledge of DFA and DFM.
- Basic management skills, including planning and organization, decision making, problem solving, and project management.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with managers, supervisors, and employees.
- Ability to prepare complex written reports and other documents.
- Good communication and business relation skills.
Gentherm is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.