Instrument Engineer III
Location: Sealy, TX
The primary job responsibility is to provide a diverse and wide variety of Instrumentation Engineering functions for the Sealy Fabrication organization. This employee must utilize sound judgment in the development and management of engineered specifications and selections for a variety of applications. The employee must be able to multi-task within multiple project requirements at once. The Employee must be able to work fluctuating work schedules and extended work hours when required by workload, including weekends
- Perform Instrumentation Engineering tasks such as, but not limited to:, completing ISA datasheets for all instruments, coordinate with Mechanical Engineers during PID development, coordinate with Controls Engineers when developing Controls System details, ensure instrument selections are in compliance with company and project specifications, developing and maintaining instrument indexes, checking and coordinating 3rd party and vendor drawings, perform fab shop inspections, provide field commissioning support.
- Development of standards for Instrumentation and their accessories; including but not limited to: Pressure gauges, switches and transmitters, temperature gauges, switches and transmitters, level gauges, switches and transmitters, flow meters and switches, chromatographs, fire and gas detectors, automated valves, control valves, relief valves and regulators.
- Provide technical responses to instrument related inquires of the Client or project team.
- Interact with the Project Manager, Engineers, Designers, Consultants, and Execution Team.
- Participate in project meetings between engineering, project management project operations and client.
- Monitor and drive the progress of all Instrumentation related activities for the projects assigned. Ensure specification, purchase and delivery materials are within the specified time frames, and coordinate due date extensions with the appropriate Project Manager.
- Perform any instrumentation related functions necessary for the successful operation of the department, as assigned by the management of the company.
- Actively supports, participates in and maintains the integrity and ongoing function of the company and facility’s safety program, ensuring a safe/healthy work environment.
- Actively supports and participates in the company’s Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Program.
- Demonstrated competence in selecting Industrial Instrumentation for the oil and Gas Industry; PLC experience a plus. Must be, and remain, knowledgeable in current industries technologies and practices related to industrial instrumentation.
- Excellent PC proficiency, able to perform Word processing and develop spreadsheets
- Organized and confident, Good skills in task organization and communications. Able to coordinate communications from multiple sources.
- Ability to work effectively with and share best practices with other Project Team members.
Employee Job Type