Head Up Display - Mechanical Packaging and Design Engineer
Location: Auburn Hills, MI
Name: Continental AG
With sales of €39.2 billion in 2015, Continental is among the leading automotive suppliers worldwide and currently employs more than 215,000 employees in 55 countries. The Interior division bundles all activities that are dealing with information management in and beyond vehicles, i.e. the presentation, exchange, and administration of information. Our vision "Always On" understands the networked vehicle of the future as a partner that supports the vehicle occupants with user-friendly, comfortable and intelligent solutions. These come from the fields of connectivity, human-machine interface, and systems integration.
- Develop the mechanical design of a Head up display.
- Have experience with developing Head up Displays for the automotive market.
- Work with the customer to finalize the package space environment inside of the IP.
- Have a very good understanding of optics and how they work within a Head Up Display.
- Be able to work with the optical engineer when packaging the optics inside of the package space provided.
- Provide guidance to other engineers with the development of Head up Display
- Support Design to Cost (DTC) activities
- Perform mechanical design reviews
- Support manufacturing for problem resolution and product launch
- Support quality for Test Incident Reports closure
- Leads efforts in responding to requests for quotations (RFQ)
- Take the lead during the mechanical DFMEA
- Coordinate and understand simulation results (FEA, Lighting, Thermal, MERA, Mold Flow, …)
- May coordinate tasks of designers, technicians and / or lab activities - establishes work priorities, test equipment needs, inventory requirements
- Prepares/Approves detailed Bill Of Materials and drawings/CAD for costing and quoting activities
- Experience with launching a product, through Product Life Cycle, with a customer
- Development of plastic and metal components.
- Familiar with the requirements of injection molding and the tooling of plastic components.
- Familiar with mechanical automotive testing.
- Familiar with scheduling and coordinating the work of a mechanical development team
- Familiar with the requirements of injection molding and the tooling of plastic and cast Aluminum components
- Proficient with Pro/e CREO.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
•Bachelor's degree in engineering
•5 to 7+ years of automotive, defense, or applicable mechanical packaging and design engineering experience
•3 to 5+ years of experience related to head up display unit, LED, or LCD design and packaging
•Proficient with Pro/e CREO