Software Engineer – NAA
Location: Southfield, MI
Name: Rudy Martinez
About Methode Electronics Inc.
Methode Electronics Inc. is seeking a dynamic individual for a position as Software Engineer. Methode Electronics is a global developer of custom engineered and application specific products and solutions with headquarters in the Chicago, IL area. With over 4400 employees, Methode is financially strong and extremely well positioned to grow from their existing $810 million revenue. Our focus is on design, development and manufacture of solutions for customer applications utilizing our technical capabilities in the areas of power distribution, sensors, human-to-machine interface and testing. Further information can be found at Methode’s website: www.methode.com.
The Software Engineer will work in a global team to specify, design, implement and test world class embedded software applications that implement cutting edge technology in a fast paced dynamic environment at a rapidly growing automotive supplier. Based in Southfield, MI, this role will interface directly with customers and internal teams and will require strong technical communication skills to clarify requirements and explain implementation details.
- Create detailed software requirements documentation based on customer and internal specifications, reviews and clarifications.
- Develop and document automotive quality embedded software algorithms based on software requirements, an existing modular platform framework and expectations of future reuse.
- Implement software designs in C code to automotive quality expectations utilizing existing development environments and processes
- Develop unit and integration level test plans and perform associated testing both on bench and in target applications.
- Coordinate software issue investigation and resolution including bench and vehicle level troubleshooting both internally and onsite with customers
- Participate in global requirement, implementation and issue reviews both internally and with customers
The position will grow into the following:
- Integrate and release embedded software using an SVN version control system and automotive quality processes.
- Create and setup reliable and configurable modular software development environments
- Improve a robust global platform to exceed automotive quality standards while supporting the flexibility to meet future application requirements with rapidly changing technologies.
- Improve global software development processes to meet CMMI Level 3 expectations.
Methode Electronics, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) from four-year college or university in computer science, electrical engineering or equivalent
- 2 to 5 years of embedded software implementation and design experience using C code
- Strong understanding of C code fundamentals and best practices, including keywords and pointers
- Understanding of 8-, 16- and 32-bit embedded microcontroller applications and architectures, including memory maps, analog and digital I/O, timers, watchdogs, PWMs, interrupt vectors, etc
Desired experience with:
- NEC/Renesas, ST and Microchip microcontroller applications
- Embedded communications protocols (CAN, LIN, I2C, SPI, Flexray, etc)
- Communication bus analysis tools (CANalyzer, CANoe, Vehicle Spy, etc)
- Knowledge of Ford and GM software certification and release processes
- Integration and setup of Vector CAN drivers and bootloaders
- Automotive diagnostics, calibration and specifications for embedded applications
- Autocoding methodologies and implementations
- Bootloader designs and implementations
- PC application development using C#
- SVN configuration management using branches
- CMMI Level 3 process fundamentals