Location: Northville, MI
As a leader in thermal technology, we design, develop, and manufacture heating, cooling, and ventilating devices for diverse global markets. With our employees, we pioneer and shape markets for comfort devices while seeking new ways to drive value for our customers. We employ approximately 10,000 people at twelve locations in North America, Europe and Asia.
In the field of (Engineering) in (Northville, MI), we are looking for you to strengthen our team as soon as possible as an (Systems Engineer).
Systems engineering position with responsibility as a technical lead; supporting, developing and launching electronic systems into production for our customers. As a Systems Engineer, you will be responsible for the integrity and coherence of the electronic system design at the highest level of abstraction, during the full development lifecycle, from concept to production.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Requirement elicitation: Gather vehicle system requirements and review with internal/ external stakeholders. Manage and document all electronics related project requirements.
- Cascade system level customer requirements into specific system level Functional Specifications (FS). Develop specifications from system to component and deliver product designs to those specifications.
- Develop complete system architecture in coordination with the hardware, software and mechanical design teams.
- Develop requirements management plan and assist team with requirements maintenance during product software and hardware development.
- Assemble and maintain all internal and external requirement documents in web based portal such as BOX.
- Populate and maintain system level requirements in DOORS.
- Create and maintain requirements traceability using Gentherm tools.
- Develop system level integration testing plans, requirements verification and compliance, and supporting artifacts.
- Communicate customer requirements to Gentherm product team.
- Prepare technical documentation, reports as needed for communication.
- Perform/support in-vehicle & breadboard activities when required.
- Manage resolution of architecture issues. Enforce design commonality (as practical) across concepts.
- Generate System work products to drive deliverables to meet project timing and internal process requirements.
Other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Technical degree in electrical engineering or related field.
- 5+ years requirements development or systems engineering experience.
- Experience with requirements management tools such as DOORS or JIRA.
- Familiar with automotive electronics hardware, software and systems requirements, functional objectives and validation methods and tools.
- Proven knowledge of Hardware and Software design best practices.
- Experience with bus analyzers (ex. CAN/LIN/I2C) and traffic analysis
- Knowledge of OEM and Tier 1 product development processes e.g. Ford SDS System Design Specification and GPDS (Global Product Development System) preferred.
- Demonstrated competence in the development of electrical and /or electromechanical systems.
- Working knowledge of automotive specifications for electromechanical systems.
- Basic project management skills, including planning and organization, decision making, problem solving, and project management.
- Ability to prepare and present complex written reports and other documents.
- Good communication and business relation skills.
- Experience with system simulation and analysis tools including Simulink preferred.
Gentherm is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.