Location: Irving, TX
Name: Nissan USA
Supply Chain Management
Site / Location of Position
US - Irving, TX
Nissan North America, Inc. (NNA)
Life at Nissan encompasses everything that inspires both the quality of our vehicles and the quality of our people. Company-wide, you'll find fast learners and self-starting engines as well as people who are quick to embrace change and take an idea into overdrive.
Nissan is currently seeking a dynamic individual to fill an opening for a Warehouse Operator at our Irving, TX Parts Distribution Center.
As directed, performs a combination of the following tasks related to the receipt, storage and shipment of automotive parts and accessories.
Contributes to building brand value and achieving enduring profitable growth.
The following job function statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. The job function statements reflect expectations of the fully trained, proficient incumbent who meets all performance criteria.
1. As directed, performs a combination of the following tasks related to the receipt, storage and shipment of automotive parts and accessories.
2. Receives incoming items by opening crates and other containers using hand tools, verifying and sorting contents, and moving to specified area for distribution to stock locations.
3. Places materials on racks or shelves, according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, etc. Marks same with identifying information as required.
4. Locates parts and accessories specified on shipping label, loads onto cart or truck, and moves to sorting and shipping area.
5. Operates hand truck or powered truck as necessary.
6. Prepares orders for shipment by verifying materials against label, packing items to minimize damage, weighing and labeling individual parcels, and moving to loading location for pick up by carrier or dealer.
7. Cleans work areas.
8. As necessary, performs other related duties of which the above are representative.
The following qualification statements reflect the minimum skills and abilities required of the qualified applicant.
1. Job Knowledge and Skill:
Ability to read and follow detailed instruction, as well as decipher and verify multi-digit part numbers. Ability to physically perform all tasked required associated with the Reach Truck Operation (use and follow instructions utilizing handheld scanner, work an on-board monitor)
2-3 years Forklift (hilo) experience or Stand-Up Reach Truck required. Related experience in receiving/stock-keeping or picking/packing preferred. .
A high school diploma or G.E.D. preferred.
4. Computer Skills:
Computer use to look up data or information utilizing Nissan's Warehouse Management System (WMS). Use and Follow instructions utilizing Handheld Scanner/ Work and work an On-Board Monitor.
The physical requirements described below are representative of those an employee must normally meet to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
1. Physical Abilities:
Ability to physically perform all tasks listed in job functions, which may involve continuous use of mechanical controls requiring repetitive hand/arm motion and lifting up to 50 lbs.