Substation Designer III
Location: Gahanna, OH
Name: Alicia Naples
Established in 1981, EASi is headquartered in Troy, Michigan with engineering centers in Gahanna, Ohio and Tulsa, Oklahoma. The two offices provide engineering and design support for electrical utility transmission systems ranging from 12kV to 765kV. The projects can be for new system construction or existing system augmentation or refurbishing.
The position falls within the substation department of the organization. The designer will develop construction drawings for substations projects. They will supervise and mentor lower level designers.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- With scoping information, the substation one-line drawing, and general guidance from Design Engineer, develop substation design layouts, plan views, and section views in 2-D and 3-D
- Independently develop 3-D models of Electrical Substation features and components, such as transformers, circuit breakers, etc. using MicroStation
- Develop layout of parts and assemblies in 2-D and 3-D
- Modify and/ or update existing models, assemblies, and layouts to reflect changes to the design
- Work with part naming and numbering conventions; and file naming and management protocols
- Create or modify physical drawings such as single line diagrams, station location plans, electrical assemblies, cable and conduit plans, cable schedules, grounding plans, duct bank designs and layouts, and other details and drawings that will provide sufficient detail and information to construct an electrical substation with guidance of senior designers and project lead engineer
- Use ProjectWise for project documentation to track all design modifications and new designs
- Handle complex projects without supervision
- Coordinate with people from other departments who are involved in a design project
- Supervise and mentor less experienced designers
- Check and validate drawings for the project and the drawings of peers and subordinates
- Will work under supervision of senior designers and engineers
- Eight to ten years' experience designing physical layouts, equipment layouts, plan views, elevation views, section views, and creating detailed bills of material
- Eight to ten years' design experience using MicroStation or AutoCAD
- Associates Degree in Electrical/ Electronic Engineering Technology or Drafting and Design Technology or Bachelor's Degree in Electrical/ Electronic Engineering Technology
- Ability to develop physical design drawings such as layouts, plan views, and section views from the substation one-line drawing and project scope with general guidance from a higher level designer or lead engineer
- 3D knowledge of electrical drawing symbols and their purpose
- Advanced understanding of one-line and three-line electrical drawings
- Knowledge of fuse and circuit breaker coordination
- Advanced understanding of design practices and engineering systems
- Strong written and verbal communication
Join EASi, a market leader in providing engineering support services and technology solutions for the global market. Established in 1981, EASi is headquartered in Hanover, MD with engineering sites in the US and India. We offer comprehensive and innovative solutions covering Virtual Product Development, Systems Engineering and Manufacturing Engineering for our customers. Due to sustained growth over the last several years, we are looking to add qualified employees. EASi offers comprehensive benefits to include medical, dental, optical, and optional 401k.
As a strategic engineering partner to many global Fortune 500 companies, EASi’s legacy of global engineering support services and consulting experience spans more than 30 years. Our expertise covers Automotive, Transportation, Aerospace, Construction & Industrial Equipment, Electronics, and Energy & Utilities.
EASi is a subsidiary of Aerotek, a leader in the recruiting and staffing industry. Founded in 1983, Aerotek provides technical, professional and industrial staffing services to variety of industries. Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group® Inc., the largest staffing company in the U.S.The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.