Location: Waterloo, IN
Name: Nucor Corporation
Nucor Building Systems is seeking a talented individual that can assist the company in sales and profit by designing safe, accurate, and cost effective metal building systems. This individual will also have the opportunity to assist in project meetings, estimating, special project work and research and development as necessary. Nucor Building Systems is seeking someone that is able to work with all departments, plant, and outside sales as an integral part of the NBS team.
As Structural Design Engineer, you will be responsible for designing all parts of the metal building system, including structural steel, wall and roof panel, secondary members, and stability bracing. This will include:
* Designing safe and economical structures.
* Load determination per applicable codes.
* Frame, secondary, bracing, crane, mezzanine and panel analysis using our proprietary software.
* Communicating design requirements to the Detailing Department.
* Reviewing and checking structural drawings.
* Working with others to continue to grow as an engineer.
1. Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited institution
2. Successfully completed the Fundamentals of Engineering exam (or awaiting results from recent testing).
3. Effective with the English language using both verbal and written skills.
1. Degree emphasis in Structures
2. Effective communication skills for internal and external interaction are essential.
3. Basic knowledge of building construction
Nucor is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Disabled/Vet and Drug Free Workplace