Location: Plymouth Charter Township, MI
Name: Suzy Budreau
Automotive – Plymouth, MI
The Quality Engineer is responsible for supporting the customer regarding function and performance of products. This includes traveling to sites such as assembly plants, dealers and other related customer sites. You will also attend customer trial events, evaluation pre and post SOP to coordinate quality launch activities, and keep track of quality issues of assigned programs.
- Perform quality/warranty analysis of products for assigned customer(s) and suppliers to ensure proper component development/performance.
- Handle assembly plant concerns at assigned customer(s) including returning parts for analysis
- Track customer(s) KPI for related programs.
- Provide Quality and technical support to Technical/Engineering teams within the assigned OEM(s).
- Support Engineering and Manufacturing on continuous improvement activities including setup of vehicle test equipment, tracking, and interpreting data from test equipment. (OEM field data collection)
- Prepare summary reports of data collected from the vehicle and provide all information to Japan for review and analysis and continuous improvement.
- Usage of quality tools for field/ line performance of products
- Support the investigation of customer complaints regarding products for root cause analysis.
- Maintain contact with customer field service experts and provide technical expertise (Call center support, Web base support, etc)
- Attend weekly OE warranty reviews at customer(s) site or in house for current programs
- Attend weekly Engineering / platform meetings at customer(s) site or in house for new programs
- Mechanical Engineering or Technical Related Degree preferred.
- The ideal candidate will have 3- 5 years’ experience working with PPAP, APQP (PSW), PFMEA – DFMEA and 8-D.
- Technical understanding of automatic transmission and vehicle functions and mechanical aptitude. Powertrain component experience is desirable.
- Strong computer skills. Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Strong planning, organizing, communication, and problem solving skills.
- Must be able to operate independently.
- Ability to read engineering drawings preferred.
- Ability to travel (25%)
- Strong project management and customer interface skills.
- Familiar with software and vehicle test equipment.
- Customer interface systems experience.
- Working knowledge of: NVH sound equipment, VIMS, CAN, DIAGRA, VECTOR.
- OEM Automotive experience preferred.
Apply now for immediate consideration! Not for you? We welcome referrals!
Kelly puts you in charge of your career, with access to cutting edge projects and technologies in industry leading organizations. Top companies throughout the world have trusted Kelly as a premier source of engineering talent and services since 1965. And engineering job seekers know Kelly as a firm with an unmatched reputation for quality, integrity and professionalism. Whether you seek the variety and flexibility of working on short term project engagements, or prefer contract-to-hire or direct hire placement with our clients, apply with Kelly to explore opportunities that suit your specific professional interests.
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2016 was $5.3 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.