At Albemarle, we’ve built a thriving international business by envisioning a limitless future and putting innovation to work to improve people’s lives. That’s our culture. That’s our commitment. And when you join our team, it’s an opportunity you share with talented men and women around the globe. Anyone can give you a job. At Albemarle, we believe you deserve more. Something big enough to build a future. Big enough to change the world.
The Job Details are as follows:
- Lead the mechanical design effort for assigned capital projects.
- Execute mechanical design activities, which include P&ID development, equipment specifications and design, plant layout, piping design, and generation of complete mechanical construction packages.
- Supervise the mechanical design activities conducted by the engineering contractors.
- Coordinate activities of other design disciplines – civil, structural, electrical, & instrumentation.
- Work with project management and project teams to plan, estimate, and execute design activities.
- Develop mechanical design standards and specifications and enhance the existing standards to improve efficiency and quality.
Locations: Baton Rouge, LA or Kings Mountain, NC.
Languages: Fluent in English and Spanish.
- Zero injuries and incidents on assigned projects.
- Design packages comply with applicable codes, standards, and best practices for process plant design.
- Design activities are completed in accordance with agreed project schedule and budget.
- Design packages must be complete (contain all required sections) and have the required quality in order to minimize field change orders.
- Continuous improvement in procedures, tools, standards, and team performance.
- Experience and knowledge with equipment (pumps, pressure vessels, tanks, heat exchangers, mixers, conveyors, dryers) used in the chemical processing industry.
- Direct experience with all the required aspects of mechanical design. Aspects include P&ID development, equipment specifications and design, plant layout, piping design, valve selection, and generation of complete mechanical construction RFQ packages.
- Experience with mechanical design during all phases of a capital project - scope development, detailed design, construction, and commissioning.
- Experience and knowledge with applicable codes (ASME, API), standards, and best practices for process plant design.
- Must have experience with software tools such as Autodesk, AutoCAD, STAAD, CAESAR, and COMPRESS.
- Ability to develop design schedule and budget based on design deliverables.
- Travel up to 20% of the time to engineering contractor offices and visit international plant sites and suppliers as needed to support project activities.
- Experience with coordinating the activities of other design disciplines (civil, electrical, and instrumentation) and of engineering contractors.
- Ability to manage multiple activities with varied scope, schedule, priorities, and locations.
- Provide inspection of construction, during various phases, to ensure compliance with design and codes.
Education & Experience
- This individual typically has BS or higher degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- 15+ years of industry experience or an advanced engineering degree with lesser experience.
- Prefer registered professional engineer or equivalent
Bachelors: Mechanical Engineering (Required)
Professional Engineer, preferred - PEA