Civil Engineering Chief (Operations Manager) (2902-872)
Location: New York, MO
STV, Inc. currently has an opening in our New York office for an Civil Engineering Chief in our Transportation & Infrastructure division.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Management of engineering staff and oversight of work, budgets, project management plans and workload forecasting.
- Assist with the Development, implementation, and oversight of the strategic and annual business plan development.
- Quality Management of all deliverables.
- Perform client management, coordination and communication with agencies such as NYCTA, LIRR, MNR, NJ Transit, PANYNJ.
- Provide management for all staff assigned to the Business Sector Unit, establish technical review meetings with employees and clients.
- Conduct all annual performance reviews in accordance with company policy.
- Develop, implement and manage annual labor budget.
- Prepare and manage quarterly workload projections, monthly Revenue Recognition Report, monthly Exceptions Report and assist with collections as necessary.
- Organize and participate in business development activities. Oversees business development activities of Group Leaders and Project Managers.
- Assists with proposal preparation and/or review. Coordinates teaming arrangements for project proposals as necessary.
- Provides input with respect to hiring, firing, advancement, promotion and other changes in Business Sector Unit employee status.
- A Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or related field is required. An advanced degree is strongly preferred.
- NY PE is required
- 15+ years of experience Civil/Transportation Industry
- Successful candidate will have a history of developing and maintaining effective business relationships with clients and peers.
- Demonstrated success in growing a group, division or company desired.
- Excellent verbal and written and presentation skills are required.
STV is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.