Location: Canton, MS
Name: Nissan USA
Type of Contract
Site / Location of Position
US - Canton, MS
Nissan North America, Inc. (NNA)
Nissan is a global company driven by the accomplishments of our employees. We find pride in our continued commitment to diversity and an exciting lineup of vehicles. Simply put, we are at the intersection of people, transportation, and the environment which keeps us at the forefront of innovation. With over 3 million vehicles produced at our Canton manufacturing plant, the work is challenging, your success is recognized and you will feel a sense of accomplishment at the end of each day. We're currently looking for a Process Engineer to join our team at in Canton, MS.
The roles and responsibilities of this position include:
- Provides engineering support for the development, production, and quality of new and current manufactured vehicles within assigned area at NNA manufacturing plants.
- Communicates with Supplier Quality team to ensure assigned parts meet Nissan quality standards.
- Produces and maintains equipment and manufacturing process sheets describing installation of assigned parts; determines and approves optimum process equipment for assigned area; reviews and updates process sheets or inspection standards for part changes or manufacturing concerns within assigned area.
- Analyzes various quality and warranty reports to investigate production and customer satisfaction concerns.
- Attends plant trials to review for potential concerns, and coordinates with design engineers to resolve design concerns.
- Communicates any concerns attributed to parts design or recommended changes to design personnel to improve part function and fit.
- Provides support for new model launches by developing tooling specifications, conducting trials, and following production and quality concerns in assigned area; represents assigned area during new model development trials in Japan and U.S.; provides new vehicle information and system training for new quality inspection items.
- Assists in trouble-shooting quality concerns and equipment or tooling problems in assigned area; submits and follows-up on purchase requisitions and work orders required to set up and maintain production in assigned area.
- Reviews part, sub-assembly and complete body or system layout data for potential countermeasures for improvement of quality.
- B.S. Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical or Industrial Technology) from an ABET accredited engineering program required.
- A minimum of one year of assembly process and equipment development / installation related experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Working knowledge of quality control assessment such as SPC.
- Ability to understand part, sub-assembly or system dimensional layouts.
- Proficient using Microsoft Office products
- Must be open and willing to travel to both foreign and domestic locations.
We are proud to offer employees a benefit package that is designed to enhance your well-being and reward job performance. Some of these benefits include comprehensive healthcare coverage, paid holidays, paid vacation time, 401(K), vehicle lease/purchase programs, and more. Additional site specific benefits such as on-site childcare, gym, and dry cleaning services may also be available at some locations.
Welcome to an open lane of possibility. Put yourself in the driver's seat and apply today.
All of us at Nissan - regardless of functional area or expertise - share a passion to design, manufacture and sell high-performance, fun to drive vehicles. Nissan is an Equal Opportunity Employer for all. Applicants will be considered for all positions regardless of race, gender, military status, disability, or any other status protected by law. Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work in the United States and will be required to provide proof of employment eligibility at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship for this position is not available at this time.