Location: Gonzales, LA
As a Petroleum Inspector you will be asked to perform the necessary volume measurements, temperature measurements, sampling, calculations, documentation, and reporting which ensure that the customer receives an independent, accurate, and complete assessment of quantity and quality of material.
• To perform, by specified methodology, visual observation, volume measurement, temperature measurement, and sampling of commodity materials contained or conveyed in lines, barge tanks, ship tanks, rail tanks, shore tanks, and other vessels.
• To attend commodity material movements involving line and tank transfer or displacement, lightering, and loading and unloading.
• To communicate and coordinate with terminal, transport, and Company personnel to promote smooth exercise of duties assigned.
• To monitor the availability of the supplies needed for the above processes, and to make any needs for such supplies known to the Dispatcher or Coordinator.
• To perform routine equipment calibration, verification, and function checks.
• To organize and coordinate jobs so that services are rendered, and reports and samples are submitted, in a timely manner.
• To maintain work areas, records, and equipment in a clean, organized, and functional condition.
• To verify and communicate the results obtained, and to make the entries into the appropriate media, whether print or electronic, required to ensure the validity and traceability of the information.
• The Inspector must have a grasp of basic mathematics, and must, in the opinion of the hiring authority, be trainable in the practical aspects of the job.
• The Inspector must be physically able to do the work required, and cannot have fear of heights or of confined spaces
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• The Inspector must have reliable personal transportation and valid Driver license.
• You must have or be able to obtain a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC)
Intertek offers a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market. We promote a culture where motivated, customer-oriented employees can flourish, experience professional fulfillment, and reach their highest potential. We offer medical, prescription, dental, vision, life and disability insurance plans, 401(k) with company match, paid time off (vacation, sick, holiday), Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), tuition reimbursement, and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veterans status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.