Senior Engineer, Control Systems
Location: Northville, MI
As a leader in thermal technology, we design, develop, and manufacture heating, cooling, and ventilating devices for diverse global markets. With our employees, we pioneer and shape markets for comfort devices while seeking new ways to drive value for our customers. We employ approximately 10,000 people at twelve locations in North America, Europe and Asia.
In the field of (Engineering) in (Northville, MI), we are looking for you to strengthen our team as soon as possible as an (Senior Systems Engineer - Controls).
The Senior Systems Engineer - Controls will be part of Gentherm’s Advanced Engineering group. This person will lead all aspects of control system development and hardware integration for next generation vehicle climate control systems. This is a key role in Gentherm’s plan to transform traditional HVAC into scalable occupant comfort systems.
- Demonstrated ability to integrate (high and low voltage) DC electrical components into vehicle system architecture.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct vehicle system level validation, including communication, wiring, and functional performance.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a multidisciplinary team and coordinate work of external service providers, i.e. software and hardware developers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Leads climate control system development activities.
- Interprets customer specifications and converts to compliant design specifications.
- Leads, formulates and executes complex design projects within a team environment.
- Develops control algorithms and system level hardware architecture.
- Performs control system and new hardware integration in vehicle.
- Uses prototype development software tools to develop, test, configure, flash, and service control systems (MotoHawk, Raptor, D-Space or similar).
- Uses prototype electronic control units and provides upgrade path for rapidly changing application needs.
- Performs integration of DC components (high and low voltage) in vehicle architecture.
- Conducts validation of system-level logic, communication, wiring, and performance.
- Conducts technical design reviews.
- Defines system level designs and coordinates work with electrical /electronic groups for system level execution.
- Responsible for the approval of drawings into required PDM software systems.
- Delivers functional and safe prototypes.
- Responsible for definition, release and maintenance of system level attributes.
- Leads coordination of work with external service providers and consultants on development of hardware and software.
- Interface with customers where applicable.
- Ensure that all environmental and safety requirements are identified and addressed when performing duties.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors +10 years’ experience in Automotive Systems, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or Computer Science.
- Work experience to include demonstrated success in the development of automotive control systems including lead roles in new product development, vehicle integration or systems development.
- Experience with the development of climate control systems, or the integration of climate control features into vehicle systems, or the simulation of HVAC systems plant model and controllers is a plus.
Gentherm is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.