Advanced Development Engineer-Tools
Location: Northville, MI
As a leader in thermal technology, we design, develop, and manufacture heating, cooling, and ventilating devices for diverse global markets. With our employees, we pioneer and shape markets for comfort devices while seeking new ways to drive value for our customers. We employ approximately 10,000 people at twelve locations in North America, Europe and Asia.
In the field of (Engineering) in (Northville, MI), we are looking for you to strengthen our team as soon as possible as an (Advanced Development Engineer).SUMMARY: Designs, develops, and supports new thermal comfort product development opportunities and supports engineering groups as defined in our company strategy.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following: Other duties may be assigned.
- Design and build advanced test systems and development bucks to help meet thermal comfort goals and requirements
- Give direction to design engineers, designers, technicians as required to complete projects.
- Create, maintain and improve thermal system data measurement tool (software and hardware) for measuring heat flux, humidity and various other parameters related to seat comfort.
- Create, maintain and improve heat transfer and airflow characterization tools (software and hardware).
- Create, maintain and improve automated vehicle data logging system for measuring seat system comfort for real world usage
- Ensure that brand new fixtures, testers, and procedures are designed according to applicable specification in a safe, cost efficient and timely manner
- Provide test support to advanced development team members
- Design and plan vehicle data logging systems
- Work closely with internal and external component suppliers to ensure technical requirements are met on time and within cost targets.
- Review test setups of parts for prototyping.
- Ensure functional and safe prototypes and tools.
- Attend, support and participate in engineering development meetings with the customer and team.
- Research new technology, design, manufacturing, and industrial engineering related documentation for new and existing products.
- Test Fixture Design Experience/Training
- In Vehicle Data Logging
- Air Flow Measurements and Analysis
- Thermal Measurements and Analysis
- Lab View and/or Data Acquisition and Controls Experience
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Electromechanical Engineering or equivalent technical degree/experience. 3-6 years’ of position related experience.
Gentherm is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.