Location: Northville, MI
As a leader in thermal technology, we design, develop, and manufacture heating, cooling, and ventilating devices for diverse global markets. With our employees, we pioneer and shape markets for comfort devices while seeking new ways to drive value for our customers. We employ approximately 10,000 people at twelve locations in North America, Europe and Asia.
In the field of (Engineering) in (Northville, MI), we are looking for you to strengthen our team as soon as possible as an (Product Engineer).
Functions as primarily a design and development position with total responsibility for developing and launching into production thermoelectric based systems for our customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Ensure that product is designed within various industry quality standards according to applicable specification in a safe, cost efficient and timely manner while following the APQP process.
- Act as a technical liaison between customer and project management.
- Initiate, review and release design FMEA’s, DVP&R, BOM and drawings.
- Organize manufacturing and industrial engineering related documentation for new and existing products.
- Attend, support and participate in engineering development meetings, program launches with the customer.
- Assist in the establishment of system requirements and specifications using correct engineering and technical disciplines.
- Assure that project timing, performance, and cost targets are met.
- Develop designs based off of customer requirements and specifications.
- Establish a design review team, lead design reviews and audit design progress through product life cycle.
- Assure product testing is completed, analyzed and that results are documented and communicated.
- Support production and quality departments with design related issues through product validation.
- Lead product improvement and cost reduction efforts through the product life cycle.
- Continuously improve existing product design and internal processes to increase customer satisfaction.
- Position will require domestic and international travel.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, minimum three years automotive experience (experience with automotive interiors, a plus), CAD experience using any of the following packages:
- IDEAS, Catia, Pro-E, UniGraphics, demonstrated competence in the design of mechanical and/or electromechanical systems
- Working knowledge of automotive plastic and metal forming processes
- Automotive project management experience (knowledge of APQP process a plus)
- Working knowledge of FMEA’s
- Proven record of accomplishment with product development that launched into high volume production, good communication and business relations skills.
Gentherm is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.