Quality Process Lead Engineer
Location: Northville, MI
As a leader in thermal technology, we design, develop, and manufacture heating, cooling, and ventilating devices for diverse global markets. With our employees, we pioneer and shape markets for comfort devices while seeking new ways to drive value for our customers. We employ approximately 10,000 people at twelve locations in North America, Europe and Asia.
In the field of (Electronics) in (Northville, MI), we are looking for you to strengthen our team as soon as possible as a (Quality Lead Process Engineer).
SUMMARY: Responsible for driving continual improvement in Gentherm product development system process and other Gentherm processes. This position will work with a global organization of cross functional employees located at plants and several satellite offices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Perform EBU Product Development Project Audits
- Track and capture non-conformances to Gentherm PD Process Audit and facilitate items to resolution
- Perform Process Training
- Perform Process coaching across projects
- Identify EBU Process Improvements (procedures, work instructions, process checklists, records, as needed)
- Facilitate EBU Process Improvements (procedures, work instructions, records, as needed) w/Functional Owners
- Align EBU Processes with APQP Processes & Organizational Processes
- Update & Maintain Stages DB with EBU Processes (SW, HW, & Quality)
- Support EBU Process Improvement Team Scorecard, Metrics, and Process Quality Plans
- Support EBU Project Audit Schedule - Gentherm Process Audits (SW&HW)
- Support Reporting of EBU KPIs on Monthly Basis
- Support Process Traceability to ASPICE practices & ISO 26262, Tool Architecture Map
- Support Quality Budget and planning for Tools, Conferences, Assessments
- Support EBU Cross Functional Team Meetings
- Creates and implements quality related procedures, instructions, forms, records and documents related to corporate quality related activities within Program Management, Engineering, and Manufacturing activities
- Improves common quality processes in use for electronics such as APQP, PPAP, FMEA, ISO TS-16959, and supplier related evaluations
- Coordinate and drive training, coaching, auditing, and improvement related to corporate quality related initiatives such as Automotive Spice, ISO 26262, and other ISO standards
- Track quality issues from customers, advise plants and other activities, engage with customers with issues and resolution, monitor and contribute to failure analysis activities, and oversee 8D and failure analysis reporting
- Actively participate with quality related discussions, decisions and initiatives with electronics manufacturing plant quality personnel, program managers, engineering, program management and quality director
- Continuously work to improve quality related activities between plants, program management, engineering and suppliers encompassing the entire product development process activities and process strategy development
- Ability to prepare the organization for related internal and external audits and interface effectively with auditors
- Other tasks as required
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
BS in Quality, Engineering, Electronics or other technical field.
Minimum of 3 – 5 years quality related experience related to automotive electronics products and/or electronics manufacturing.
Familiarity with common automotive related product quality requirements.
- Working knowledge of APQP, PPAP, FMEA, TS 16949, and familiarity with Spice and ISO 26262
- Must be a team player and have the ability to work effectively with other global regions.
- Must be able to interface with customer quality personnel effectively.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills as related to common quality requirements.
Gentherm is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.