At Albemarle, we’ve built a thriving international business by envisioning a limitless future and putting innovation to work to improve people’s lives. That’s our culture. That’s our commitment. And when you join our team, it’s an opportunity you share with talented men and women around the globe. Anyone can give you a job. At Albemarle, we believe you deserve more. Something big enough to build a future. Big enough to change the world.
Albemarle Corporation is seeking an Instrumentation and Electrical Engineer – Corporate Engineering Department. Position will be responsible for providing instrumentation and electrical design expertise on site capital projects. This role will be required to provide instrument/electrical design support and leadership for site capital projects during conception, design, and execution. This position will be based in Magnolia, Arkansas.
Responsibilities and Requirements
- Provide input on safe technical engineering design, costs, plans, and specifications for the construction of new facilities and reconditioning or altering existing systems and equipment
- Defines project scope, determines best engineering solution, estimates costs, and provides detailed engineering design for instrumentation and electrical scope on capital projects
- Coordinates design and drafting work accomplished by others
- Writes specifications for instruments and electrical equipment
- Liaison with vendors, contractors, and internal customers
- Develops E&I construction packages and participates in the bidding and review process
- Monitors E&I construction activities in the field and checks for compliance with applicable codes and specifications
- Develop procedures for and participate in instrument loop testing and commissioning.
- Ability to design, construct, and test 480VAC power distribution and motor controls (Starter/SoftStart/VFD, etc.)
- Provide start up assistance as required
- B.S. Electrical Engineering
- 10+ years experience in chemical or petrochemical project environment
- Able to interpret and modify PLC/DCS/HMI configurations (APT, Workshop, Wonderware, and others)
- Capable of interpreting and performing power distribution load study, short circuit analysis, and arc flash analysis
- Working knowledge of the NEC and electrical safety based on NFPA 70E
- Experience with Corrosive and hazardous area electrical classifications
- Familiarity with medium voltage up to 15KV.
- Experience with SAP Project Module and other basic SAP transactions
Bachelors: Electrical Engineering (Required)